Hi guys, so today I am going to tell you some of my favorite nail art life hacks. These are all so simple and easy and the work all of the time. I don’t want to reveal too much but all I can say is that you will never have a bad manicure after reading this blog post. I hope that you guys enjoy. Anyway, let’s get started!
1) Use super thin tape to create cool stripes on your nail art and it looks really cool. You can use an old sellotape dispenser to hold it too so it looks so cool. This is done with complete ease and it is so smart and stylish but when you normally do stripes with nail polish it tends to come out really messy but this is the complete mess free version. It is also really cheap because it is only 77p for one roll. This is so great.
2) Put your white nail polish to use by making a block color lighter with the white. For example, you can put the color on a piece of foil and mix it with some white. It is a lot cheaper than buying a new shade of the same color. It is also super useful because you can use this tip to create an ombre nail design.
3) Put some cornstarch in a clear nail polish to create a D.I.Y Matte top-coat and it works so well. Just add a little at a time and each time you have added a little, close the cap and shake it and then keep repeating this process until the nail polish is white. The more cornstarch you add to the nail polish the more matte it will appear and it will look great and it all depends on what effect you want.
4) Put PVA Glue/Elmers Glue around your nail around your nail before you put nail polish and then paint your nail. Any nail polish that has got around your nail will peel off when the nail is dry. It works really well. Just apply the pva glue with a thin paintbrush but make sure that you get one from the kids section at a shop because it is a lot less strong but it still has the same peeling effect. Both of these are non-toxic so it is great.
5) Get a mechanical pencil and put some nail polish on the end and create polka dots and I know that I have talked about polka dots a lot today but it is just because they are so effective and I love them.
6) Paint over lace or mesh to create an elegant and stylish nail design. I love having a white glossy tip and then painting over lace in white and it looms so great and every time I see it I kind of think of a bridesmaids or wedding dress so this is the type of thing you could wear to a wedding.
7) Put some glitter nail polish onto a porous sponge and dab it onto the top of your nail and as it gets lower down the nail let the glitter get lighter until at the bottom of the nail. I know this is hard to explain link to a picture of what I am talking about.
8) Use a fan brush to create a striped design on your nail. You can do it with so many different colors and it will look so cool. My favorite way of doing this is white as the base and then black stripes on top so that it looks like a zebra print. Then put a shiny top coat on top and it looks so professional and this would’t look that great as matte so I use a shiny top coat instead.
I hope that you guys enjoyed and these all work so well. I will see you next time with another blog post. Bye!